Virginia medical license
- Medical School Verification and Transcripts
- Examination Scores
- Postgraduate Training Verification
- NPDB Self-Query
- Employment Verification
- License Verification from another Jurisdiction (s)
- Average Processing Time: 2-3 months
- No limit on USMLE
- 10 years to complete USMLE; Greater than 10 years if candidate is ABMS certified.
- 1 year Postgraduate training for US Graduates
- 2 yeasr Postgraduate training for IMG
Board contact info
- Phone: (804) 367-4600
- Fax: (804) 527-4426
- 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, VA 23233-1463
- Website: www.dhp.virginia.gov
Virginia Physician licensing
Virginia medical licensing process is pretty straight forward compared to anoher states. They also have a reciprocity which allows to expedite the process, but you must meet all of the qualifiers in order to be eligible. Board requires you to submit the Employment verifications, which can significantly slow down the process if you have multiple employers. Virginia Medical Board is also pretty backed up on the incoming mail processing. They run 15-20 days behind on it, meaning if you send in a verification it can only be looked at after they process the mail. If there is something wrong and the form needs to be re-sent you have to go through the same waiting process. We strongly suggest using UPS or FedEx when applying for Virginia license. Otherwise, board is pretty good on answering the phone and keeping you updated on the deficiensies with their online checklist. You should expect 2-3 months avergae licensing timeline.
Expedited Medical Licensing
Whether you are US or Foreign graduate our experienced team will handle the entire Virginia medical licensing process for you. There are never any hidden surprises or fees with MedicalLicensing.com. To get you started we will only need you to send us your current CV or fill out our online application. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Eligibility check and professional history research
- Professional completion of the application
- Submission of all credential verifications requested by Virginia
- Verification Tracking and Follow-Up
- Assigned Licensing Specialist
- Progress Updates & Detailed Instructions
FAQ About Virginia Medical Licenure
What is the Virginia application fee for my physician license?
Virginia application fee is $305. Keep in mind that there are other verification fees you will have to pay such as license verifications, background check, exam transcripts, etc.
How long does the application process take?
The average processing time that we are seeing is about 2-3 months given you have no disciplinary actions, malpractices or criminal records on your background. Also, is you are a foreign graduate you might see a longer processing time due to credential verification process.
Do I need an FCVS profile?
We strongly suggest use of the FCVS profile for the foreign medical graduates unless you can send the verification form to the medical school yourself. FCVS is also benefitial if you are planning on applying for a multiple state medical licenses since it expedites the verification process. For some states FCVS profile use is a mandatory requirement.
Ready to get started?
The sooner you apply, the sooner we can get you your medical license.
- California Medical License
- Delaware Medical License
- District of Columbia Medical License
- Florida Medical License
- Georgia Medical License
- Illinois Medical License
- Louisiana Medical License
- Maine Medical License
- New Jersey Medical License
- New York Medical License
- North Carolina Medical License
- Pennsylvania Medical License
- Texas Medical License
- Virginia Medical License