District of Columbia medical license
- Medical School Verification and Transcripts
- Examination Scores
- Postgraduate Training Verification
- NPDB Self-Query
- AMA Profile
- Background Check
- 3 References
- License Verification from another state (s)
- Authorization to Release Information Form
- Average Processing Time: 3-4 months
- 3 attempts at USMLE Step 3; After which one additional year of postgraduate training is required.
- No limit on COMLEX
- 7 years to complete USMLE; No limit on COMLEX
- 1 year Postgraduate training for US Graduates
- 3 years Postgraduate training for IMG
Board contact info
- Phone: (202) 724-4900
- Fax: (202) 442-8117
- 899 North Capitol Street NE, 1st Floor Washington, DC 20002
- Website: www.dchealth.dc.gov/bomed
Disctrict of Columbia Physician licensing
DC medical licensing process takes about 3-4 months on average. Medical board utilizes a paper application but offers an online checklist after the application is processed by the state. DC requires you to submit 3 reference forms that need to be sealed in the envelope and signed across the back flap. If the envelope wasn’t signed your reference form will be denied, which sometimes creates delays. You will also be required to undergo the background check. Overall, DC medical licensing process is pretty straigh forward. Our team has a lot of experience processing DC applications and can handle the entire process on your behalf.
Expedited Medical Licensing
Whether you are US or Foreign graduate our experienced team will handle the entire District of Columbia medical licensing process for you. There are never any hidden surprises or fees with MedicalLicensing.com. To get you started we will only need you to send us your current CV or fill out our online application. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Eligibility check and professional history research
- Professional completion of the application
- Submission of all credential verifications requested by DC
- Verification Tracking and Follow-Up
- Assigned Licensing Specialist
- Progress Updates & Detailed Instructions
FAQ About DC Medical Licenure
What is the DC application fee for my physician license?
Dictrict of Columbia medical board application fee is $805. Keep in mind that there are other verification fees you will have to pay such as license verifications, background check, exam transcripts, etc.
How long does the application process take?
The average processing time that we are seeing is about 3-4 months given you have no disciplinary actions, malpractices or criminal records on your background. Also, is you are a foreign graduate you might see a longer processing time due to credential verification process.
Do I need an FCVS profile?
We strongly suggest use of the FCVS profile for the foreign medical graduates unless you can send the verification form to the medical school yourself. FCVS is also benefitial if you are planning on applying for a multiple state medical licenses since it expedites the verification process. For some states FCVS profile use is a mandatory requirement.
Ready to get started?
The sooner you apply, the sooner we can get you your medical license.
- California Medical License
- Delaware Medical License
- District of Columbia Medical License
- Florida Medical License
- Georgia Medical License
- Illinois Medical License
- Louisiana Medical License
- Maine Medical License
- New Jersey Medical License
- New York Medical License
- North Carolina Medical License
- Pennsylvania Medical License
- Texas Medical License
- Virginia Medical License