California medical license
- Medical School Verification and Transcripts
- Certified Copy of Diploma
- Clerkship Verification (Foreign graduates)
- Examination Scores
- Postgraduate Training Verification
- Timeline of Activities
- Background Check
- ECFMG Verification (Foreign graduates)
- Other state license verifications
- Average Processing Time: 4-5 months
- 4 attempts at USMLE Step 3
- 3 years of Postgraduate training required
- Limited acceptance of FCVS
- Passing scores on a written/computerized exam shall be valid for a period of 10 years from the month of the examination
Board contact info
- Phone: (916) 263-2389
- Fax: (916) 263-2387
- 2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1200 Sacramento, CA 95815-5401
- Website: www.mbc.ca.gov
California Physician licensing
California medical licensing process is one of the most complicated in the entire US, especially for the foreign medical graduates. January 1st, 2020 CA medical board updated their minimum Postgraduate training requirements to 3 years for all applicants. Also, medical board has a limited acceptance of the FCVS. CA does not accept school verifications that are sent as a part of FCVS profile which makes the medical school verification process for the foreign graduates extremely difficult. The board is also very slow on processing the applications as well as the verification documents. Reaching out your processor over the phone is possible if you only get lucky which makes the entire process frustrating. At MedicalLicensing.com we have completed thousands of CA medical license applications and can help you successfully navigate the process.
Expedited Medical Licensing
Whether you are US or Foreign graduate our experienced team will handle the entire California medical licensing process for you. There are never any hidden surprises or fees with MedicalLicensing.com. To get you started we will only need you to send us your current CV or fill out our online application. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Eligibility check and professional history research
- Professional completion of the application
- Submission of all credential verifications requested by California
- Verification Tracking and Follow-Up
- Assigned Licensing Specialist
- Progress Updates & Detailed Instructions
FAQ About California Medical Licensure
What is the California application fee for my physician license?
California medical board charges $491 application fee at the time of submission. Once your license is issued, you need to pay an additional $808 license fee. Keep in mind that there are other verification fees you will have to pay such as license verifications, background check, exam transcripts, etc.
Do I need an FCVS profile?
Usually, we strongly suggest the use of FCVS for the foreign medical graduates but not in the case of CA. CA medical board has a limited acceptance of FCVS, which excludes the medical school verification. Foreign applicants will need to obtain the medical school verification and transcripts directly from the county of graduation.
How long does the application process take?
CA is one of the hardest states to apply for the license. The average processing time that we are seeing is about 4-5 months given you have no disciplinary actions, malpractices or criminal records on your background. Also, is you are a foreign graduate you might see a longer processing time due to credential verification process.
Ready to get started?
The sooner you apply, the sooner we can get you your medical license.
- California Medical License
- Delaware Medical License
- District of Columbia Medical License
- Florida Medical License
- Georgia Medical License
- Illinois Medical License
- Louisiana Medical License
- Maine Medical License
- New Jersey Medical License
- New York Medical License
- North Carolina Medical License
- Pennsylvania Medical License
- Texas Medical License
- Virginia Medical License