ProfessionsServicesState requirementsBlogFAQContact us
Illinois medical license
- Medical School Verification and Transcripts
- Examination Scores
- Postgraduate Training Verification
- NPDB Self-Query
- Background Check
- Undergraduate Transcripts
- Average Processing Time: 3-4 months
- 5 attempts at all USMLE Steps combined
- 5 attempts at COMLEX Levels combined
- 7 years to complete USMLE, No limit on COMLEX
- 2 years of Postgraduate training
Board contact info
- Phone: (217) 524-7534
- Fax: (217) 524-2169
- 320 West Washington Street, 3rd Floor, Springfield, IL 62786
- Website: www.idfpr.com
Illinois Physician licensing
Illinois medical licensing process has it’s both cons and pros. Medical board accepts majority of the verifications through their online system upload feature which expedites the process. On the other hand, it is impossible to reach out your application processor directly, as you always redirected into a general call center. IL requires the submission of the fingerprint cards for the background check. Also, you will have to obtain your undergraduate transcripts, which are not required by majority of the US states, but Illinois. At MedicalLicensing.com we can help you navigate the application process and handle everything on your behalf.
Expedited Medical Licensing
Whether you are US or Foreign graduate our experienced team will handle the entire Illinois medical licensing process for you. There are never any hidden surprises or fees with MedicalLicensing.com. To get you started we will only need you to send us your current CV or fill out our online application. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Eligibility check and professional history research
- Professional completion of the application
- Submission of all credential verifications requested by Illinois
- Verification Tracking and Follow-Up
- Assigned Licensing Specialist
- Progress Updates & Detailed Instructions
FAQ About Illinois Medical Licensure
What is the Illinois application fee for my physician license?
Illinois medical board application fee is $735. Keep in mind that there are other verification fees you will have to pay such as license verifications, background check, exam transcripts, etc.
How long does the application process take?
The average processing time that we are seeing is about 2-3 months given you have no disciplinary actions, malpractices or criminal records on your background. Also, is you are a foreign graduate you might see a longer processing time due to credential verification process.
Do I need an FCVS profile?
We strongly suggest use of the FCVS profile for the foreign medical graduates unless you can send the verification form to the medical school yourself. FCVS is also benefitial if you are planning on applying for a multiple state medical licenses since it expedites the verification process. For some states FCVS profile use is a mandatory requirement.
Ready to get started?
The sooner you apply, the sooner we can get you your medical license.
- California Medical License
- Delaware Medical License
- District of Columbia Medical License
- Florida Medical License
- Georgia Medical License
- Illinois Medical License
- Louisiana Medical License
- Maine Medical License
- New Jersey Medical License
- New York Medical License
- North Carolina Medical License
- Pennsylvania Medical License
- Texas Medical License
- Virginia Medical License