Louisiana medical license
- FCVS profile (mandatory use)
- Medical School Verification and Transcripts (FCVS)
- Examination Scores (FCVS)
- Postgraduate Training Verification (FCVS)
- License Verifications from another state (s)
- Background Check
- Oath or Affirmation
- Third Party Authorization
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate or Citizenship Proof
- Average Processing Time: 3-4 months
- No limit at USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1
- 4 attempts each at USMLE Steps 2 and 3 or COMLEX Levels 2 and 3
- 10 years to complete USMLE or COMLEX
- 1 year Postgraduate training for US Graduates
- 3 years Postgraduate training for IMGs
Board contact info
- Phone: (504) 568-6820
- Fax: (504) 568-5754
- 630 Camp Street New Orleans, LA 70130
- Website: www.lsbme.la.gov
Louisiana Physician licensing
On average Louisiana medical licensing process takes about 3 months. State medical board uses online service for the application completion, which makes the process faster and easire. While the application is completed online, there are still some forms that require provider’s signatures and notary. Louisiana also requires a mandatory use of the FCVS profile for all applicants. This carries increased costs, but can speed up the licensing process, especially if you are a Foreign graduates. All of the license applicants are required to complete the background check using the regular FBI fingerprint cards or livescan location in Baton Rouge, LA. Our team at MedicalLicensing.com has completed thousands of LA medical license applications in the past decade. We will be happy to assist you with the process and handle everything on your behalf while you can focus on your practice.
Expedited Medical Licensing
Whether you are US or Foreign graduate our experienced team will handle the entire Louisiana medical licensing process for you. There are never any hidden surprises or fees with MedicalLicensing.com. To get you started we will only need you to send us your current CV or fill out our online application. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Eligibility check and professional history research
- Professional completion of the application
- Submission of all credential verifications requested by Louisiana
- Verification Tracking and Follow-Up
- Assigned Licensing Specialist
- Progress Updates & Detailed Instructions
FAQ About Louisiana Medical Licensure
What is the Louisiana application fee for my physician license?
Florida medical board application fee is $382. Keep in mind that there are other verification fees you will have to pay such as license verifications, background check, FCVS, etc.
How long does the application process take?
The average processing time that we are seeing is about 3-4 months given you have no disciplinary actions, malpractices or criminal records on your background. Also, is you are a foreign graduate you might see a longer processing time due to credential verification process.
Do I need an FCVS profile?
Yes. Louisiana requires a mandatory use of the profile for all applicants.
Ready to get started?
The sooner you apply, the sooner we can get you your medical license.
- California Medical License
- Delaware Medical License
- District of Columbia Medical License
- Florida Medical License
- Georgia Medical License
- Illinois Medical License
- Louisiana Medical License
- Maine Medical License
- New Jersey Medical License
- New York Medical License
- North Carolina Medical License
- Pennsylvania Medical License
- Texas Medical License
- Virginia Medical License