- FCVS required for all applicants
- Medical School Verification and Transcripts (FCVS)
- Examination Scores (FCVS)
- Postgraduate Training Verification (FCVS)
- Other State License Verifications
- Other Physician Reference
- License Application Addendum
- Average Processing Time: 2.5 -3 months
- 3 attempts at USMLE Step 3. More than 3 attempts requires a request for a waiver.
- 7 years to complete exam sequence (NBME, USMLE, and FLEX) More than 7 years requires a waiver.
- US/Canadian medical school graduates who graduated after July 1, 2004 must complete 3 years of ACGME accredited postgraduate training.
- Those who graduated before July 1, 2004 are only required to complete 2 years of ACGME accredited PGT.
- IMGs 3 years of ACGME accredited.
Board contact info
- Phone: (207) 287-3601
- Fax: (207) 287-6590
- 137 State House Station (U.S. mail) Augusta, ME 04333-0137
- Website: www.maine.gov/md
Maine Physician licensing
Maine medical licensing process takes about 3 months on average. State medical board requires a mandatory use of the FCVS for all of the applicants. Maine medical board also requires you to complete the FSMB application since they don’t use their own state-specific forms anymore. Over the last decade MedicalLicensing.com has completed thousands of Maine applications and can be a great help for you. Our team will handle the entire process on your behalf, so you don’t have to worry abouth a thing.
Expedited Medical Licensing
Whether you are US or Foreign graduate our experienced team will handle the entire Maine medical licensing process for you. There are never any hidden surprises or fees with MedicalLicensing.com. To get you started we will only need you to send us your current CV or fill out our online application. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Eligibility check and professional history research
- Professional completion of the application
- Submission of all credential verifications requested by Maine
- Verification Tracking and Follow-Up
- Assigned licensing specialist progress updates & detailed instructions
FAQ About Maine Medical Licensure
What is the Maine application fee for my physician license?
Maine medical board application fee is $700. Keep in mind that there are other verification fees you will have to pay such as license verifications, background check, exam transcripts, etc.
How long does the application process take?
The average processing time that we are seeing is about 3-4 months given you have no disciplinary actions, malpractices or criminal records on your background. Also, if you are a foreign graduate you might see a longer processing time due to credential verification process.
Do I need an FCVS profile?
Yes. Main requires a mandatory use of FCVS as well as UA for all applicants.